![]() |
| Can be used for pull ups, push ups, and all the things you can come up with. But, big plus is the foam protection for the wall. |
| Here comes the whole point of this post: |
Staying in a hotel during my travel, there is no gym, usually just treadmills and no weights. I could buy some dumbbells...could I? Sports stores charge per pound. So, let's say one dumbbell of 15lb would be about $15. Then I need another one, another $15. Ok? I will get them from a cheap sources, somebody I know, used, craigslist, whatever no problem. Problems with that, depending on exercise you would need variety of dumbbells, 5,10,15, 25, 30, 35, 40,45, maybe skip every other weight. Price is adding up. If price is not an issues. I think further, so I get this variety, issue of transporting them becomes a problem.
I got some information in hotel, that I can use La Fitness gym for free. I was like YES! Then, I finished my work, and I have an hour and a half to work out before sleep. Gym if somewhere in downtown short driving distance some blocks down. Parking is not free, maybe they validate, I could run there ... not enough time and car is frozen no time to wait for it to heat up. Anyway, gym didn't work, especially as week went along, shortage in time, basically more time wasting then benefit to get to that gym.
I went to store. Metal is out of question, not about carry 16 dumbbells of 410lb around (if you would want 5lb to 45lb range in 5lb intervals. That's what would be great for me).
I wanted whole gym, available on demand anytime. And, easy to transport.
I got the three bands with appropriate resistance for me, easily going up from 5lb to 60lb. And, a pull up bar. With this two items (three bands sold together), gives you the whole gym, literally. Just need a door frame and some space.
Benefits:
-Price is low
-Save time
-Available anytime
-No monthly fees
-Available and Private. Pull ups I can do, it's those last two where I look like I have a constipation and a person next to me just started pull ups making me look bad. Or just one of those days where I feel like keeping it to my self. And, I can pull up a chair for support with a leg to get those extra pull ups in. And, if I'm struggling, that's when I pull out the bands, throw them over the pull up bar, sit on the floor and replicate the pull up. The bands, use them for hammer curl, reverse and regular curl, back extensions, basically all those things you can do on machines and free weights.
I thought this is good to share, sense many of us are busy, no time, no equipment on hand, and gym availability varies (whether it is not available or just not feeling it).
It works for me, it will work for you.


some ideas
No comments:
Post a Comment