Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Free Flowin Fridayz (Week 31)-Tuesday edition


This is an uber late post, but alas it is what it is.
I had an interesting conversation with a friend a few days (she was upset with a friend of hers and we were chatting about the situation) ago and I've been thinking about ever since and thought I'd get some of your thoughts on it.

So there are a group of people who all know each other and keep in touch as much as they can.
One of these friends gets REALLY upset when the other does not update her on important happening in his life (ie-job changes, family matters, etc.). She makes it known that she is upset when he does things like this by screaming at him or just straight up telling him she is ticked off. She especially gets angry when she finds out something about him through someone ELSE (like a mutual friend of theirs).

He doesn't really understand why she gets so mad or really think she has the right to be upset. But she thinks if he has obviously told someone else about it then he certainly should have told her.

What do you think about these kinds of expectations?I chatted with my friend for a bit about it and told her that I have often had to deal with these situations, but that although I get really mad/irritated/upset...there isn't much I can do about it and sometimes it just isn't worth the stress and energy. Sometimes it is sometimes it isn't.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i completely understand where she's coming from, esp if this is a friend that she's really close with

NilePrincess said...

To be quite honest, I wish I could be more up front with people, certain people at least, especially in letting them know how I feel about certain things they do that irritate me. I think I take a backseat a lot of the time and do this thing where I imply how I'm feeling through enigmatical words or my actions, but I really admire those who flip, scream and really say their mind.

Is there a recipe to become like that? I really need to find it cuz it's hard to get like that.