Week 1
Hello world... always wanted to say this
This is a begginning of weekly journals that I plan to do and hopefully T.R.I.V.I. will do his thing as well. Take this as an exception because usually I'm gonna post on Sundays. The Thing is that I wasn't around a computer or internet yesterday so I'm doing this now. This is just a recap of the past week. Alright let's do this.
The week started with me facing a serious decision. I had to choose between job offers (job I got hired a week before and another offer from a Financial Newspaper) which is a great thing but it turned out to be very hard. I guess that's because I liked both offers and they offered fairly similar stuff. I was thinking about it for couple of days. On Monday I decided to talk to my employer and tell him about everything. I'm not gonna get into deep about the things that we discussed but he shared his experience with me. We talked about the prospects of the company and I realized that I should stay there and face the challenges ahead of me. It's my trial period and it will be tough but this is where I need to be right now. So the next day I told the person from the Financial newspaper company that I was going to stay. Time will really tell if I made the right choice but I'm ready to face the outcome. Anyways... the work got intense in the past week except for Tuesday... I was just sitting around having nothing to do. And that was no fun. After the boring Tuesday at work I got good news; no class that day. You have to realize that I have 3 hour classes after working for 9 hours so that definitely made my day even though all I did at home was homework and listening to music because I was too tired to do anything else.
Let's move on to Wednesday now. Wednesday was funny. I had to do stuff at work this time. I was putting final touches to the mission statement and other texts that we're going to put on our website as well as contacting with designer/my friend to finish redesigning the company logo. Marketing turned out to be very interesting but I do realize it is going to get much more challenging because it's more complicated than that. anyways when the days was over, I said bye to everybody at the office and headed to school. I got to my class... and right in the middle of it I got a call (the phone was on silent) from one of my co-workers which means the call was important. I apologized and got out of the class to answer. There was some problem at the office and they needed keys that I had. I told them where to come and got back into class but the professor told me that I had to leave because I didn't have the right to answer the phone. That was funny but at the same time I got mad... I could have told him that he didn't have the right to do that and explain my point very well but I did not. Sometimes you gotta play it smarter than that. He can definitely try to fail me in that class so I just apologized and left. I got kicked out of the class... funny (those of you who know me know why). Now everybody at work jokes about calling me on the phone whenever I feel like leaving class.
Thursday; nothing note worthy... at work, I started to plan a promotional campaign for one of our projects, same on Friday. The Friday class was fun though. It's a Decision Making class and it's very interactive and fun. Interactive classes don't work so well in Georgia because we're more used to lectures. But this one works great. So we had a few good laughs at the class (yes, it's that good) discussing the material.
I had to work full time this Saturday (that was an exception) plus I had a class (not an exception) so i was very tired when I got home. I was still in a great mood of course, screw being down (ok, I was a little stressed). Another highlight of the week (before I get to Sunday); I had to look for a guy that owes me money. I know him really well, we have mutual friends so I let him borrow some money (that I don't have too much) and he disappeared. turned his cell phone off and shit. I'm not the only one he did this to. My friends and I are really mad. We feel being disrespected because he didn't have to do that, he could have just called and say he can't get the money back right now. We would understand. We were not too far from being friends so it's not about the money. It's about respect. Doing this is really not good for him because we are still getting our money and he's getting his ass kicked (sounds a little gangsta right there.lol) instead of getting a handshake.
Now... Sunday. I went for a trip with my coworkers and employers. Visited south of Georgia; monasteries, temples and old fortresses. On the way there though we passed places that were occupied by Russians not too long ago (they still haven't left too far). I saw places that were bombed so it was very depressing but.... the trip continued to the south. We had a great time... I just got back today. It was interesting to see those people outside of the office. The founder of the company was there too, we drank together and sang all the random songs we could find. It got to the Offspring's Why Don't You Get a Job (symbolic huh?) and Shakira's Underneath Your Clothes (we were too drunk at this point!). I had no hangover this morning... that means the wine was really good. I'm sure those German tourists that joined us enjoyed it too. another thing I enjoyed today was turning my iPod on in the morning and the first song that came on was Atmosphere's Sunshine. I drank the night before, the sun was definitely shining (warming up my mind) and it was a beautiful day.
here are some pics of the places I went to:
that's it for week 1

4 comments:
Drinking with your boss on the weekend, sounds.....like a good job!! Time is already telling you that you did make the right decision. The work got busy/hard but you got through the week (and will get through future weeks). LOL, I'm picturing you in tie for 6 days a week! I still have not figured how to tie a tie yet, waiting on Geden to teach me.
I will be doing my "diary" as well. You don't have to hope, I deliver. I might just call it "WTF is T.R.I.V.I. doing?". And I will mix in some thoughts and my personal song of the week (u should do this too).
P.S. Our followers have doubled and it will be getting bigger :) Go WTP,GTG,MEAD,TRIVI,DJG (everbody, everything ALL CAPS just this one time)
I don't have to wear a suit or a tie so I haven't dealt with a tie either.
I'll make this weekly thing much more interesting, I just didn't have time on sunday and quickly did it yesterday
I just watched the your video also and the place looks incredible. How far away is it from Tbilisi??? How old is that place?? Definitely ancient.
I said song of the week, not favorite song (but that's cool, "my culture" is a good song).
it's about 200 miles from Tbilisi, maybe less maybe more. it was established in the 12th century. here's more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vardzia
no video or a picture can depict how beautiful it is over there.
Post a Comment