Week 10
This week started with a presentation of a project at school. As I mentioned last week, I didn't participate much in the project. The professor actually told me that it was obvious. All of the projects were poorly done. Anyways, I presented my part, answered the questions and then had to listen to other groups do their presentations. It was horrible. I was exhausted... I didn't make it at home till 10:30 that night.
I had plenty of work to do this week so I didn't really study for anything. For a project management class I just read some stuff before the class, the professor explained some stuff before the quiz and that was it. I think I did pretty damn well. same for my French class I studied a bit and that was it.
I got my salary raised this week. It well be in effect from January, plus I received a share of Realty sales... That's a new thing that the company decided to pursue and I will be in charge of that too, not just marketing. I'm happy, overwhelmed, excited... all kinds of emotions really. now that's a responsibility. Pulling it off will be Hard, I mean HARD. Seeing everything crumble down in August makes me realize that nothing can be taken for granted so... it's on me now (and Russians)
ok, movin on... on Thursday I was supposed to have a final which got canceled, noone notified me plus I didn't get to read the professor's email, cause we didn't have internet that day at work. There was a strong wind the day before so internet cables are not the only thing that was affected. So I went to school and a supervisor for juniors (that's a junior class that I need to take to graduate) tells me there is no exam... it messed up things cause I had a final on Friday and on Sunday... this exam for management concepts was moved to Saturday. No fun. anyways I went home and studied a little bit. The final on Friday (for Decision Science) was fun (can't believe I said that), I got to sit in the professor's seat on the exam so that noone could copy from me. the view was great from there... it's interesting to watch people when they write their exams and some of them are trying to cheat. The exam was easy... Same goes for the Saturday exam... same professor teaches both classes so I got the same seat on Sat. as well. The exam for French class was different... it was hard. I'll wait for the results... I got 92% for the midterm which is great.
Another highlight of the week is that a newspaper that publishes ads for us published an article written by me. They were like if you have anything to say, just write it, we'll review it and publish it. They didn't change anything and there it is; click here. Notice the author is not mentioned... that's right; it's Hidden.
On the news. Part of an apartment complex got destroyed because of poor quality construction; several people died. Russians deplyoing soldiers around the occupied teritorries. They left an occupied village only to return with even more tanks.
The End of Week 10

1 comment:
It will be hard taking on the responsibility but we know you can handle it (actually, you will own it!). You are moving up fast...but you earned it.
Post a Comment