Sunday, December 28, 2008

the UnWavering Uncut

So, my sister Porschia and I got home on Christmas Eve. I didn't wrap any gifts but my family was not surprised by this. What did I get? Well, a nice dress shirt (and a tie that does not match), new hoody, a little cash, and a few other things. I am very happy and satisfied. Hmmm...what else? All the holiday text messages have put me over my limit but that's cool cause it is for good reasons.

The day after Christmas, my family (aunts, uncles, cousins) get together in Woodruff, SC for dinner and talking. My uncle called me "Fidel (Castro)" the whole day b/c apparently I resember him and I'm a so called "revolutionary". I got a little pissed b/c he is a little jealous of my accomplishments and likes to always challenge my intelligence. Seriously, any subject of any conversation he will always be like "so Dr. Meadows, what is your expert opinion about this, sir?". I take it in stride and usually he looks like the asshole. Besides that, it was nice being around the family and updating them on my medical school situation (1st in the family).
So, I've put in about 5 job appplication. I don't expect to hear anything until after the New Year because it is a holiday for them too. It is very uncomfortable for me.....no having a job. Plus, my stuff in split between home, G's room, and my car. Don't worry, I am positive about the situation and optimistic. I really lOVE South Carolina right now cause it is not cold (and Atl was freezing). My foot still hurts from jogging with Igor (we did 4.5 miles) but I feel better when I think about beating him in ping-pong.

With all the good things going on and fun I've been having, I forgot about my friend Bobby Miller who died in a motorcycle accident. He was hilarious!!! One of the funniest people to be around! So, this a just me saying R.I.P. Bobby.

It's been a good week. I even chatted with H.S. and it had been a long time (life is just busy for us). That guy is working hard. Best wishes to everyone and GO PANTHERS!!

No comments: