It's been six months since I returned home. It was a long way and I don't mean just those two days I spent on the plane and at different airports.
... at first it was very difficult although I never admitted it, it was. I remember the first few day when I got here. I was silent. It was 3am when the plane touched down and I was my parents and my friends at the airports waiting for me... I had a lot to say but I couldn't. My mind was still in ATL at Emory... I still take a trip there from time to time when I want to escape from the problems here. " it's not where you live but where your brains stay" has never been so true. I'm happy we manage to keep our friendship alive, my American friends and I. This blog is a great example.
It was hard to get back on track at home. It felt like (still does sometimes) I escaped to a better world but fell right back on the ground. I came back to the same problems I was happy to leave when I went to America; My uncle with his shitty life and grandma who lives with him and is the only reason I got there to visit. That whole neighborhood is depressing... it's like a little ghetto in the middle of the city. my own neighborhood that is no better, always noisy and dirty... the list can go one but I definitely find beauty in my life and that's what keeps me going.
Alright, this post is getting a little sad so let's move on... I was happy to share my story about US with my friends and everybody else who wanted to know. People kept asking the same question; "how was it there?" and my answer is still the same "Great". I made everybody watch "The Adventures of GTG", that was an obligation. Unfortunately the DVD got damaged later. My birthday came on June 7th and I had a great time with my friends. Really, really... really apreciated a gift sent from overseas by my BFAM. Then the school started and as soon as life got busy I started to think less about what I left in the states and more on what I brought with me. My confidence level went to an all time high during these past 6 months. No longer a shy kid, I control it now. I'm not mad at the world anymore (maybe that was just a thing of being a teenager?) I keep my world positive and hate when I catch myself saying something bad... take that back, I love it cause it's an opportunity to improve.
Then came war.... I don't want to talk about that. No unhiding here.
As far the fall... It's the school, hanging out with my favorite people whenever I get a chance and work. It's hard, tiring, full of problems but... "I got great problems though, my problems are good"
As for the Hidden Part... I miss all of you in the states just like I missed my family when I was over there and thinking that I might not see some of you in years (never say never) makes me miss you even more. (not many can read this but this still goes out to all)
... at first it was very difficult although I never admitted it, it was. I remember the first few day when I got here. I was silent. It was 3am when the plane touched down and I was my parents and my friends at the airports waiting for me... I had a lot to say but I couldn't. My mind was still in ATL at Emory... I still take a trip there from time to time when I want to escape from the problems here. " it's not where you live but where your brains stay" has never been so true. I'm happy we manage to keep our friendship alive, my American friends and I. This blog is a great example.
It was hard to get back on track at home. It felt like (still does sometimes) I escaped to a better world but fell right back on the ground. I came back to the same problems I was happy to leave when I went to America; My uncle with his shitty life and grandma who lives with him and is the only reason I got there to visit. That whole neighborhood is depressing... it's like a little ghetto in the middle of the city. my own neighborhood that is no better, always noisy and dirty... the list can go one but I definitely find beauty in my life and that's what keeps me going.
Alright, this post is getting a little sad so let's move on... I was happy to share my story about US with my friends and everybody else who wanted to know. People kept asking the same question; "how was it there?" and my answer is still the same "Great". I made everybody watch "The Adventures of GTG", that was an obligation. Unfortunately the DVD got damaged later. My birthday came on June 7th and I had a great time with my friends. Really, really... really apreciated a gift sent from overseas by my BFAM. Then the school started and as soon as life got busy I started to think less about what I left in the states and more on what I brought with me. My confidence level went to an all time high during these past 6 months. No longer a shy kid, I control it now. I'm not mad at the world anymore (maybe that was just a thing of being a teenager?) I keep my world positive and hate when I catch myself saying something bad... take that back, I love it cause it's an opportunity to improve.
Then came war.... I don't want to talk about that. No unhiding here.
As far the fall... It's the school, hanging out with my favorite people whenever I get a chance and work. It's hard, tiring, full of problems but... "I got great problems though, my problems are good"
As for the Hidden Part... I miss all of you in the states just like I missed my family when I was over there and thinking that I might not see some of you in years (never say never) makes me miss you even more. (not many can read this but this still goes out to all)


2 comments:
Yeah, it might be years. Kind of sad but we stay positive. Facebook, skype, and maybe a Birthday gift will keep things...close! Oh forgot about emails and this blog. Now I feel compelled to do a post like that.
you got the blog, you got the admin rights, you post.
Post a Comment