Sunday, November 9, 2008

the Hidden Weekly




Week 5

Monday was November 3, T.R.I.V.I.’s birthday. So, it had to be a good day. Not that anything special happened but it was still a good day even though I had a midterm and a presentation. I was ready so I had nothing to be nervous about. I’m taking it easy, I’m good. I’m comfortable. After the midterm, I had to study a little bit for the midterm on Tuesday. I had no distraction because there was no internet (AGAIN).
Tuesday was the 4th. Even though I live far from America it affects me. It always did but especially now that I have friends over there and have experienced what it’s like to be in USA. That day is going down in history and I’m glad I won’t be reading this in history books as I was alive and well at that moment. I’ve been through many historic moments but most of them involved wars, armed conflicts, peaceful or not so peaceful revolutions. This time it’s worldwide and it’s a positive change. As for the day, I was checking the news to see how the elections were going and of course dealing with some other stuff at work. It’s not entertaining. The good thing is that I got my first paycheck. I haven’t spent anything yet because I’m too busy making more. Later that day I had a midterm (yep, another one) which gave me headache. Dude gave us puzzles to solve but I made sure it would be hard to read some of my answers just like it was hard for me to find those answers. I know the professor well. He was in ATL the fall semester last year. He was at Georgia State so we hung out couple of times. (We even met Mary-Jane together and shared just like she wanted)
Wednesday… I was trying to catch up with my French class while taking breaks from work, I was very tired when I got to class and guess what… we just watched a movie in French. Even that was tiring though.
Thursday I designed business cards for everyone. I couldn’t let anyone else do that. The work is getting interesting. We’re beginning sales of apartments and we’ll be promoting that a lot. We’ll probably give prizes to those who buy apartments from us. First, it will be all about negotiations with the company that we want to provide prizes for us. I’m glad I don’t have to sit in the cubicle and do shitty and boring work in Microsoft Office. I get to be involved in everything and the pay is good (will get even better)
Friday: It was a little disappointing when I got the business cards printing. The colors were messed up, they were darker and lost the appeal. Whatever. I also went to visit several homes in the neighborhood that an investor wants to acquire with us and build an appartment complex. We had to measure some apartments to make sure that the people don't lie about the actual area they occupy. That's a boring part of my job. It was also November 7th. I posted a video showing what was going on that day a year ago. Don't want to elaborate on it. There was a rally in rememberance of those events. Everything was cool at school except for my friend being too tired. As in when you get tired and you lose control; you say things, laugh without a reason... I can understand that, she balances work and school just like me. I had to make sure she wasn't the only one acting strange... I caught all the attention in the class by randomly walking around and making comments. Oh... and I also had to smack her on the lips a few times cause she cussed without a reason during the break. Then she just started to do that to annoy me. lol. She got smacked everytime she cussed. I didn't hit her hard, don't worry. We've been friends since we were 7 and 8 years old. She can take it. On the way home (she was kind enough to get me a ride) she told that to her mom and her mom said that she probably deserved being smacked if I did it. lol. That's it for Friday.
Saturday: Briefing at work, quiz at school. then I went out! I deserved a little break from studying. Went to a hooka bar with my friend and couple of other kids from the same exchange program that sent me to US. Data joined us later as well with his friend from Denmark. We had a good time. Hooka is the only thing I smoke (broke up with Mary Jane). It is very relaxing. I drank afterwards which wasn't the best idea cause I got a terrible headache that lasted the whole night. I'm posting some pictures and a video, I'll add more next couple of days (as soon as I get pics from Data's camera).
Sunday: I slept till 12 (or 1?) which was good, I can never get enough sleep during the week. The day was going slow, I got a call from Russia on Skype. Haven't talked to Tanya in a while. It was nice to hear her voice. Unfortunately the call didn't last long because there was somekind of interference. We had to continue with just chatting. Planned to go to Ukraine next august... I'll be positive and hope that it will work out. chatted with bunch of other people. Chatted with T. def not the best one we've had.
Then I called up some of my friends, ended up seeing 5 of them... took ladies to a cafe spending some of that paycheck. It was good to see them. The service at the cafe was terrible though.
Now I'm at home, watching TV, writing this. I'll drink some tea... hit the shower and passsss out.
T.R.I.V.I next week is a fresh start, I hope everything is put to an end, done with misscommunicating







2 comments:

TM said...

I'm glad you didn't hit any girls here cause America women can fight (I seen and felt it)!!! We don't approve of domestic violence, Givi.

So, Mary Jane is single now...not for long. My new roommate moves in and says "I got a TV, Guitar Hero, and Ori Bongs !!". My apartment has a white cloud but it never rains in BP01. U should pay a visit...I can work your relationship out :)

TM said...

He didn't actually say "Ori", he's Jewish, not Georgian. I like to slip in a few words I've learned sometimes.