Friday, October 2, 2009

Free Flowin Fridayz (Week 27)

So I actually just finished up a poem I started sometime during Senior Year at Emory. I was going to share it today, but I'm not convinced it's my final product yet so instead here are a few poems I came across and really wanted to share with everyone: (I posted a couple in my last post. If you didn't get a chance to read them check it out here)

Read them and really think about what they mean and how they might apply to your life :)

Let's Not Wait

We will meet again my friend,
A hundred years from today
Far away from where we lived
And where we used to play.

We will know each others' eyes
And wonder where we met
Your laugh will sound familiar
Your heart, I won't forget.

We will meet, I'm sure of this,
But let's not wait till then...
Let's take a walk beneath the stars
And share this world again.


A Friend's Smiling Face

There is a place I like to go
Whenever I'm feeling
Lonely or sad -
A place of sunshine,
Laughter and love
That always leaves me
Feeling glad.
There I share my secrets,
Hopes and fears,
For this warm, inviting place -
Always waiting, always welcoming -
is found in my friend's smiling face.
The world is a more beautiful place
because of friends like you


Hold On

Friends come and go,
but with a precious few you should hold on.
Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle,
because the older you get,
the more you need the people
who knew you when you were young.


The Glory of Friendship

(Ralph Waldo Emerson)

The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand,
nor the kindly smile nor the joy of companionship;
it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one
when he discovers that someone else believes in him

We are Friends

(Jeanette Winterson)

We are friends and I do like to pass the day with you
in serious and inconsequential chatter.
I wouldn't mind washing up beside you,
dusting beside you,
reading the back half of the paper while you read the front.
We are friends and I would miss you,
do miss you and think of you very often.

2 comments:

t.H.S. said...

I loved these.. great post!
inspirational too

NilePrincess said...

After reading them over a few times, I think that "Hold On" really applies to the WTF.
And "The Glory of Friendship" applies to some of our interpersonal relationships within the family :)