Friday, October 9, 2009

Free Flowin Fridayz (Week 28)


Why can we all not just be happy, genuinely HAPPY for people's achievements? Why can't one persons good intentions/efforts can be just as good as another's accomplished goals? (It's more than can be said for recent commanders-in-chief of the U.S.)

Oh in case you didn't know. Barack Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize today "for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples." And there is a lot of hype (positive and negative) going on about it. You can read the news about it here and a this is a list of previous winners so you have an idea what group of people he is being placed with and what he has to live up to.

I am getting real sick and tired of people hatin on Obama. What did he do to deserve this? Goodness. I dunno if it's just because I'm older now and I pay a bit more attention to the news and politics, but did all past presidents suffer daily criticism. He is TRYING to enact change. One person cannot change the world. Change is a freakin GROUP effort. And out Da*n country is do disconnected and full of so much hatred and arrogance that it is hard for genuine efforts of peace and kindness to get noticed or to get anywhere for that matter.

The healthcare debate: I probably should have kept up more with it, but it got soo irritating that I stopped. All I have to say is this: Live without health insurance for a little while before making any kind of statement or judgement against these proposals. The End. Many of these people against these reforms have NEVER been without health insurance. (or have they? I could be wrong. Definitely correct me if I am!)

I know ppl who have lived without health insurance. I am currently without it. NOT FUN.

In other news. Once upon a time I managed to convince myself that being back at home would be good for me. I don't know what I was on when I thought that, but right now I need a vacation. I need a change of location. I am allergic to this city and I would rather be anywhere else. My eye problem (this swelling that has happened 8 times already) I think it might actually be stress-induced. And I thought I was stressed at Emory?! Apparently I must be more stressed here. Either that or I am just physiologically allergic to this city. I need a vacation.

So if anyone comes across any paid internship or job opportunities that I might be eligible for that will be during the May 2010-July 2011 period of time...TELL ME PLEASE. I don't think I can do this for 2 whole years (well I guess if I find a nice, well-paying job it might be bearable)

hmmm....Oh and I don't like muggy, sticky, hot weather. yuck. Do you?

On the bright side, my parents are letting me go to my friend's belated engagement/pre-wedding party and I got the official OK to go to his wedding down in Melbourne in December :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many friends do you have that are getting married or are married?

-TM

and should we be expecting this from you soon?

NilePrincess said...

Already married:
At least 5 from high school
3 I met in college

2 friends currently engaged and planning their weddings

2 others engaged

That's all I can think of at the moment...

And me. HAHHAHA. NO!
Get me into med school first then ask me that question.

NilePrincess said...

add to that another 1 I met in college who just got married

and 1 just got engaged.

WOW.