Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Uncut


(this one is all over the place it seems)

This past weekend was frustrating. I made a bad joke (via text) and felt like an idiot for letting myself send it. Like, I was hitting the send button thinking "I'm making a mistake...nooooo!" but I still sent it. Not you, G...that wasn't no joke.

Focusing on school, the 2nd test is coming up very quickly & there is so much info. I think one thing G missed about med school is the continuous focus you must have every single day! But I must say that there is a wide range of perspectives concerning performance. There are people who really are just looking to pass & those who are about being that orthopedic surgeon. I am neither. I want to do my best so that I can have as many options as possible whether it be orthopedic surgeon or OBGYN (LOL, a few girls TELL ME that this is what I will become). But I actually thinks I know what I want to go into, surprisingly I showed up to lecture to hear about another field...then I heard about this one. People have a lot of nerve to pursue certain fields that we all know require the highest grades & board scores (like Dermatology) when they struggled to get in med school & are below class average...they will learn.

Some people seem to have lost their kindness as school as moved along. You share some helpful material with them but they mysteriously don't have any for you (as opposed to a couple wks ago). Hmmm, they are going to burn bridges. I have successfully been able to avoid falling into a "click" but it has it's drawbacks. Don't really have a study partner (not sure I need one...not that I'm super smart but rather my preferred style of studying).

I had an interesting conversation with my lab partner (Stephanie in my FB pics from school) about chivalry. Is it dead or simply re-adjusting itself as the times have changed? I am not sure but I consider myself to (attempt to) be a polite person to almost some of everywhere.

My Jewish family is calling me to New York! I will think about Winter Break sometime before Thanksgiving. We will see if Igor & I can get along (easier said that done but I don't think that surprises anyone). I love you though, IYM!

To take a look ahead.....have to do a shoulder exam at the end of the week as part of my test. I haven't had the chance to practice on anyone! Looks like I will be youtubing Thurs night after anatomy.

p.s. been listening to a lot of Bob Marley & Jimi Hendrix, good stuff!
p.s. T.H.E. 2!!!!!!!!!

No comments: