Wednesday, October 21, 2009

the Uncut


So I have to keep these post interesting b/c I have another Tuesday post series that might steal the attention of the blog!

This past week felt like I was always behind. I dissected the hand and was like "I don't know what I'm looking at...see you all tomorrow". I had to learn a lot of nerves & arteries (the hard part is learning the branching that occurs as well as the paths they follow from the brachial plexus down through the arm).

The weekend was all about family. On Friday, I posted something on my sister's wall that made our cousin cry (happy tears). I basically said that I wanted to be like my Uncle (huge influence on me although he died when I was like 8). My comment made my cousin cry, he was her father. He treated me like a son & he was definitely a father figure for me. My family sent me some pre-Thanksgiving samples (mac & cheese + sweet potato pie which is MY FAVORITE) so I been eating like I was back home. It feels good to get these things...actually, feels great.

I want to write a book. There are a few books written by doctors about their med school experiences, maybe I could do one? This is definitely a project for down the road but definitely a present idea. I am down to about 35+ friend requests on FB...when I get time, it is time to delete some FB friends. Why not? It is always interesting to see if they ever notice.

Anyone who gets the chance to talk or chat with Yaz needs to ask her the following question: What have you learned today? If she can't go for 5 minutes, then she hasn't been working hard enough!

No comments: