Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Time To Vent



This this week and the next, I took on this perspective: try to make the best of it (in regards to people and the relationship they have with me). Being away from campus clarified a lot of things with people. I figure trying to make the best of our last few days is the right choice but.....some people make it pretty hard!

I get a call from someone who I haven't talked to in weeks and one of the 1st things out of her mouth is how I have been quiet (or something like that). I kept it calm but my thoughts were "you are the one who does not reply to text messages, FB messages, or call people back when they are in town!!!!". I get really annoyed when people accuse you of doing what they are actually doing. Even worse, they completely believe in what they are saying!!!

But, I held true to my perspective and let it go (without leaking my frustration during the conversation). So, I am currently trying to make plans to see this person this week but, of course, she is doing things at her own pace. If you really wanted to meet/hang out before the graduation mania starts, why don't you propose something? Anything! but don't put it all on me like I am suppose to seek you the fuck out! You are not that special and who are you to think that you are?

With all that said, I will still try to make the best of it. Which might mean avoiding the person or keeping limited contact. For example:

Person: Where are you? What are you doing or planning to do?
Travis: I am around. Planning on making plans later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those people suck!