Saturday, May 2, 2009

TRIVIal Questions



1. What's your opinion on having a "best friend"?

2. What is the line between having an opinion and judging?

3. Which do you prefer, the beginning or the end?

4. If you could have two people meet (you know each, they don't know each other), who would it be?

5. What is more comfortable for you: leading, following, or walking beside?

5 comments:

NilePrincess said...

1. Great to have if the relationship is mutual (ie-you are each others "best friend") and if you are able to have strong and clear communication both ways.

2. You always let it be known that an "opinion" is how YOU feel about something and that your not making a generalization. Essentially you make the statement "In my opinion" or "This is what I think" Judging often ends up sounding like what your saying is the 'end all be all' of a certain situation. More like 'this is the way it is-the end' People who judge state things like fact, whether or not they really are.

3. The middle...the journey is what I like the best. Things start rough sometimes and may end sour, but in the middle is where the learning and the experience really comes into play.

4. My parents and one of my close friend's parents. [hmm this might actually happen soon. uh oh...]

5. If I can only choose 1 then Leading. But really somewhere between leading/walking beside just because leading can get to be really stressful if your all by yourself.

Ashley :) said...

1. They're great! Even though I have close friends from college (some of the closest EVER) my best friend is always the one I can tell ALMOST (I stress almost..) anything to.

2. I think having your own opinion is healthy. I think judging comes all in how you express your opinion and react when others express theirs.

3. I agree with Yas...the middle is great b/c of the learning experience. I think somewhere around the middle is where you force yourself to keep going b/c you've made it that far.

4. My best friend and Paulee'. 2 of my favorite people should DEF meet.

5. Ummm...I'd say walking beside. Because there's always gonna be somebody walking too fast or walking too slow, but you and your walking partner will always have each other to laugh at the idiot that can't keep up or is gonna fall in the pothole that they had nobody else to look out for.

Anonymous said...

1. i love my best friend! i agree with yazzzzz bc the relationship has to be mutual in order for it to be rewarding, but i suppose thats true of any relationship

2. i'm not quite sure how to qualify the difference betw an opinion and a judgment. to me, judging is one of those things where you cant describe it but you know it when you see it. i think its all in the undertones of what you say or the intentions behind your statement

3. i like the end bc its nice to be able to look back and see how far you've come

4. i would like for you (trivi) to meet my big brother marcus bc you're a lot alike & i think you could have some interesting and thought-provoking conversations, but you could also just chill out bc you're both pretty cool people =)

5. it depends on the context of the situation and who the person/people involved are

TM said...

1. Not sure exactly what I think but I recognize the importance of things being mutual.

2. Judgements are supposed to be final and factual. Opinions are subject to change and fluctuate upon circumstance.

3. The end.

4. Cannot think of anything good for this. I am more a person who does not want certain people to meet.

5. I am a leader.

t.H.S. said...

1. a freind is a friend, not sure if I believe in such a thing

2. judging is stating your opinions as facts

3. all of it

4. my friends overseas and my friends in Georgia, no two people in particular

5. leading by making others believe I'm following them