Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Med Status (Week 8)

So it has been awhile since my last post. But, now since my schedule has been adjusted a little I should be able to get back to my blogging ways. (If I ever had any :)) So I have been in school for 8 weeks now and it is pretty cool. Over the past 8 weeks I have gotten the chance to meet a variety of different people. I can honestly say that Med School is filled with a lot of interesting people that you will either like or not pay any attention to. For example for our quiz we take a individual written part (25 questions) and then we take a group (teams of 6) practicals (50 questions). The practical part for the quiz are pictures of different structures that we have dissected in lab and as a group we have to be able to work together and correctly identify them. This is cool but it dosen't always work out with some people. But during the quiz one girl told my friend that was in her group that "She should of studied more" which almost got her cursed out in the middle of a test. So this sound fun but it can turn nasty pretty quickly since everyone dosen't always agree. But, i usually do good on my quizzes my first quiz i got an 88% then on the second quiz i got an 97%. But, my third and final quiz is next week. On another note the Exams are quite similar but the written has 60 questions and the practicals are taken individually and have 60 questions. This time the practical is taken downstairs in the lab. Here the TA's go around and tag 2 things on each body and we all start at different numbers then after a minute the bell rings and we move to the next number. Ten of these questions are Radiology questions which we have to go into a dark room to look at. But, it is pretty cool. On my first test I got a B and on the second test that I took yesterday I just found out that I got an A. Test bring out the worst in people. Over the days coming up to the test I have seen people break down in tears and constant calls to love ones. Overall, I have been able to maintain my cool around here because everybody stresses themselves out over everything. Especially since grades come out the same day at 5:00pm no matter what. The funniest part about Med School so far is the giant shift before and after test. Before test everyone is stressed out then after the test people go striagth to the bar. Med Students are all alcoholics. They get totally wasted after every test. Which is funny since our last couple of test have been on Thursdays and Monday and we have to be in class the next day. But, they totally don't care!! But, I have to go to Lab now so I will continue this on Thursday..............Peace, Love and Formaldehyde

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on your good test grades g! i miss you

NilePrincess said...

You are my idol Geden :)

and hmm does Formaldehyde stinks..but does it stink worse than chicken grease?

TM said...

so we using percentiles now? already changing, lol