Monday, July 27, 2009

Summer Blues!!

Today we were giving a day off from school for an Independent Study Day. So I think it is about time for another session of Deep Blue G. :) So the last couple of weeks of school have been very exciting. During the past section in class I have been able to hold a lung, a heart, and a brain in my hand. I think I was mostly excited about the brain, I think I held that for about 10 minutes telling other students stupid jokes like "I have a the knowledge I need in one hand". LOL... During this class I have been very excited about meeting new people. As I get to know people I realize that even though they are cool people I don't think any of them can truly replace or supplement the love and friendship I have made at Emory. I don't think I can find people like Travis, Rico, Givi, and Rafeal that I can talk to about almost anything or just hang out with and do stupid stuff. I do have one friend name Brett that is pretty cool and me and him hang out and I have my friend Thad, who I have been great friends with since 9th grade, But with me being at school most of the time plus the fact that he now lives with his girlfriend and she takes up most of his time so I don't really get to hang out with him that much. On the other hand I am beginning to see that finding people like Milla, Rho, Paulee', Anni,Ashley C, Funi, Zeta Yaz, Jenelle are near impossible on the graduate level. People have some much going on in their lives that I never get to hang out with people like I did at Emory. So I during my free time and before I go to sleep I usually call some friends to see what they are up to or just think about old times that I have been through. (I will soon be using my DB G section to talk about my memories of everyone individually and first encounters). Just this week I was thinking about interactions that I had with Laretia, Rachel, Brandon and Delon. I have come to realize that unlike at Emory not many people understand me. Not many people understand my emotional disconnect facade that I present. But sometimes I do wish I had pack a couple of people in my luggage when I left Atlanta and brought them here with me. But I guess I will just have to make a greater effort calling people now. Outside of school I really just spend time out on Saturday with the Youth from church and that is the extent to my social life. I really find it difficult to build a social aspect,to what I am accustomed, in Med school. Brett and I have decided that during the Fall that me and him will take a walk over to the Law school and see if can find some interesting girls to hang out with. Malpractice insurance is high nowadays, gotta find a way to take care of it. LOL.. I am hoping that Fall semester is better since there will be more people here. I also been looking forward for calls and text from my friends but no missed calls as of yet. Things should be looking up soon, I hope. Gotta find a social life outside of Med School. G out... Back to the Books

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

excuse me, mr franck, but you have a missed call & a voicemail from me from about a week or two ago...still have yet to receive a call back. nevertheless, im glad to hear that you are doing well in school & that you have found some new friends. i miss you

NilePrincess said...

hmmm...Zeta Yaz? lol. nice.
And I am slacking to the umpteenth power. I'll get back to the real me soon enough I hope. And as soon as I have a cell phone again :(

P.S.-Anyone who hasn't given me their phone number again, email or fb message me so I can write it down and put it in whatever phone I get...whenever I get one...

t.H.S. said...

great post
good thing you're on skype often so we can communicate too.
keep up the good work

I'm looking forward to that individual memories section.