
...to things posted on the blog (as well as me hitting on anything that comes to me).
Hearing how well G is doing in school makes me wonder just how well I will do. It is really hard to predict. I sucked on science tests my 1st couple of yrs at Emory then started doing pretty good in science classes that were focused on particular aspects of a certain science. Hmmm, I have no doubt that I will spend the necessary time in the library, but will I be able to translate what I learn onto an exam when the time comes. I don't want to repeat my Emory academic experience...meaning that I do not wish to start bad then steadily improve. I desire to be at the top from the beginning. Especially if I do decide to pursue anything related to orthopedics, very competitive field (possibly the most). Or, maybe I will specialize on the chest & heard and practice overseas.
The best thing about success is that it is defined by each individual. There is nothing wrong with putting your goals high in the sky, but there is also nothing wrong with bringing them down a little. I understand the value of stability...pay check to pay check is nerve wrecking (unless that is the normal situation in the surrounding environment, which is was not for me). Pursue a certain level of stability but see it as only a stable platform for you to jump off of when aiming for those dreams that are floating around in the sky. As far as finding yourself, maybe try this position. If you were able to locate yourself exactly, it might imply that you are standing still, stagnant. Maybe just try to find the path that you are moving on. Step outside of yourself (mentally) and look ahead to where that path is leading you. If it does not satisfy your expectation, then change direction (physically).
Now I have a request. If you want to know how someone is doing, ask them 1st before directing that question towards me. I write this not to be rude or passive aggressive, just to make a point. If you want to know how someone is doing, why haven't you taken the opportunity to reach out to them on your own? If you ask me before even sending them a FB message/wall post or email, my natural thought process has me think that you have questionable interest in the person or want to know something about the person that they themself would not share with you. Oops, too much thought on this. Moving on...
I think that I might be one of those people who if they think hard enough on something, they will find a flaw. I am definitely having a difficult time in regard to a person's actions versus what they have spoken. I always try to coincide my actions with my words and a close friends does not appear to be doing so which bothers me. I can't tell him or her what to do with their time & money but it bothers me when I....(sucks to say this)...feel a little cheated. I apologize for the lack of specificity. My advice for myself is to watch what you do for others, even ones that you trust. Also, make sure to do things for the right reasons cause people can make you rethink what you have done or are doing for them.
1 comment:
Thinking too much can be a really bad thing at times. Especially when you do it too often like me and Givi seem to do...
And knowing your Travis, your great at setting your mind to something and achieving it. I have faith that you will do well in Med School. You've been on the rise since your first yr of college. What's to stop you now? At least you have more science experience than others in your class who might be like me---non-science majors. All you gotta do is stay focused and make sure you've learned from past mistakes :)
Post a Comment