
1 year=52 weeks=365 days
That is quite a long time.
(although I must say it has gone by a bit more quickly than I'd imagined...)
A period of time in which so much has happened for some, while very little has happened for others. We have all graduated Emory (with our 2010 friends graduating in about 6 weeks or so). Some of us have moved on to graduate schools or full time jobs or will be starting one or the other in the near future, while others have not. Regardless of our differences in pace on life's roller coaster, we have all maintained some form of contact with each other through this blog, through facebook, phone calls, text messages, as well as AIM and Skype. To me that right there is an accomplishment in itself. One of my greatest worries with graduation coming up is how well I would be able to maintain X, Y, and Z friendships. So far the relationships I care about the most have been maintained as if I'd never been in Atlanta (minus the face to face aspect of it).(although I must say it has gone by a bit more quickly than I'd imagined...)
I think another thing we all share is the sense of personal growth and development we have undertaken. Some of us have developed as individual medical school students. Others through full-time jobs and graduate school applications and still other through the day to day struggles of life and the obstacles being thrown in our way. Some of us are succeeding every day as we survive another day of class or work, while others still are struggling to attain their goals. But through it all I feel like no matter what we are still there for each other. If stressed, or in need of a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen, a hand to hold, a way to vent--I feel that I have 3, 4, 5,......more people I can rely on for different things. For that I am grateful.
Thank you.
I leave you all with this to think on:
5 comments:
When you started this, I can honestly say that I did believe it would be something continuous and I'm very happy to see that it was.
-TM
Triple F :)
I'm always eager to see what you have to say and I always wait for FFF whatever the day editions.
and I'm happy you always come through.
it's been a year since you made the blog so much more interesting.
Thank you guys!
:D
<3 ya
wow---I look at the weeks you post under the title every time--I remember seeing it in the teens, the twenties, thirties and so forth
It was probably the most hard hitting sense of time I've come across since leaving school--it always puts this year in perspective for me--52 frickin weeks
Bravo
I know. Sometimes it's really difficult for me to put down that week. Because I see the weeks flying by as well. Every time I type in a new number, the more I think of how much has or has not happened in the past X amount of time.
I think the worst for me, personally, is that the 2010ers are graduating in a few weeks. I don't feel like I've accomplished anything since our graduation...
*sigh*
Post a Comment