Sunday, March 21, 2010

Review: T.H.E. 2


As was get to experience the hidden emotions for the 2nd time, it is clear that as he has experienced certain feelings there has also been growth in his craft of (lyrically) presenting them. While the emotions/thoughts/perspectives offered in this one are not as dire as those of the 1st, they are must more well-rounded and consistant with what you would exect any young person involved in relationships and soul searching to experience.

The 3 most notable changes can be found in the delivery, quality, and (surprisingly) lyrics. The improvement in delivery was expected. The quality of the sound is expected as we all become more familiar and savvy with the software used. The lyrics, unlike the 1st time around, were well rounded. Instead of only being dominated by just a few depressing emotions, there was a collage of in depth thoughts/feelings/emotions. The content was also focused on the artist more as well as being more inclusive to the listener.

The high points for me were definitely 6 minutes and I Keep Walking. Unfortunately, the EP ended on a low point as Feel It and the Last One fell short of impressing. They were not "up to par" with the rest of the songs. A disappointing ending to what was an impressive collection of songs. The re-visited tracks were better quality than the originals but the EP gets no credit for material we've heard previously.

Overall, the Hidden Soul deserved to pat himself on the back for sharing something that should get a lot of play on your Zune, Ipod, laptop, or whatever....good job.

2 comments:

t.H.S. said...

Thanks for the review.
I'm glad I managed to improve and I got a lot more to work on.

*TREIZE* said...

I've been listening to this for a couple of dayz now and I'm thoroughly impressed with a number of these tracks. I'm going to include a review of it in my next blog

good shyt