Friday, June 19, 2009

Free Flowin Fridayz (Week 12)

The strangest things happen at the most unexpected of times. Even more odd is when you don't know whether the event that just took place is a good thing or a bad thing. Your just like "huh?" hmmm....I'm a bit nervous. And that is how my day started today.

Yep I'm 22. ewwww sooooo OLD! yech. lol. Nothing too eventful happened. Went to Outback Steakhouse with the family. Good food. Got the most phone calls from my friends ever this year. A few text messages. Rho was the first. :) Strangely-NONE- no texts or calls from my family. Except 2 messages from Egypt. 1 from my Aunt. The other number I didn't recognize.

Anyway...So last Friday I told you my eyes were itching right? Ha. Well Saturday my mom had friends over for a graduation party (AWESOME CAKE I'll post some pics in my Chronicles!) But my eyes were really itchy and were starting to get puffy, by Sat night they were starting to swell. By Sunday morning they were so swollen my mom took me to the ER. 4 hours, 2 benadryl, a steroid shot-which hurt like crraaazy- [and a prescription for prednisone (steroid) & diphenhydramine (benadryl) ] later
I was discharged. Thankfully the swelling was almost all gone by Wednesday and I took my last steroid pills last night. My eyes are still kind of itchy and my parents say I should go to a doc and see if there is something else wrong with me. PSH. But yeh I took pics of my crazy eyes, but I don't think those creepy looking things will ever be shared.

In other news...it seems like people must apply to over 30 jobs/academic programs before they get a single interview. GAH. I am a patient person, but this is ridiculous. Alas I have my wonderful book-BRISINGR- to take my mind off things. If only I get a chance to read it. Hmmm speaking of reading, I think I will read some more of my wonderful book now. What better way to de-stress than to leave this world behind and delve into the fantastical fictional world of your favorite characters?

3 comments:

TM said...

Coming through with the post even on your Bday, bonus pts!!!

Anonymous said...

im glad your eyes are back to normal. i definitely feel you on using great books to temporarily escape the world

NilePrincess said...

So Rho..what are your favorite kinds of books to read?