Monday, June 22, 2009

Principles vs _____


Everybody has principles (to different extincts). When someone's action conflict with our principles, naturally we react. Even if it is a simple principle, for the sake of our integrity, we must have a response. What's that quote..."if you stand for nothing, you fall for everything". Your principles are something you stand on.

Now, your pride definitely factors into how we stand on our principles. As a prideful person, if someone threatens my principles, I might over react. But, is it not better to overact over your principles than to do the opposite? And, how should the bond with the friend effect your response? Maybe you react less harsh because it was a good friend involved. Or, maybe you react more harsh because the good friend should know better.

I don't think it is hard to catch what someone's principles are...not all of them but the basics. Our actions are reflective of them. If you don't curse (or try hard not to), that is reflective of a principle you have regarding how you express yourself. Anyway, kind of lost where I was going with this but I will post irregardless. Trying to get some thought generated on the blog this morning (while also venting a little bit).

2 comments:

NilePrincess said...

Prideful people may sometimes confuses their pride with their principles...something to consider.

TM said...

That's why I love you! You give it out straight and I appreciate it.