Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Food For Thought


here's what's on my mind lately: have you ever felt like some people enjoy hurting you? They do, sometimes without even realizing it.That’s how I feel about certain situation and I want to be wrong. I don’t see the reason to believe that I’m wrong though. Putting me in a position that should make me angry and then telling me that I’m angry… not cool, especially when I wasn’t angry at all. Actually, my expectations had been met. I mean little things add up and leave you frustrated. I don’t want to judge anyone, like I said; I want to be wrong, I’d rather be wrong.

This brings me to people who really enjoy doing wrong things, it’s like they’re trying to find out how far they can go, trying to find out how much more others can take. It’s not hard to be considerate. It’s not hard to communicate these days. Making someone expect you, then doing something else is alright as long as you make sure you let that someone know that you had to change your plans (maybe even ask if he/she wants to join you). Now, imagine someone being left hanging and him/her not being mad at all. What does this make the other person? It’s a shame when people expect you not to deliver.

I’ve been criticized for some of these things and I know exactly what I’m talking about. It’s not hard to do better than that if you [truly] care about a person.

On the bright side: I'm happy there are people who never fail to make you smile and put a positive twist to anything you are doing. These people set the example.

So, I'm gonna do what they would do; forgive, help those people who hurt me get up... I'll do my best but I won't succeed if I'm the only one making an effort.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can't measure your success accurately if you allow someone else to be responsible for 1/2 of it. (referring to the end of your post).

Also, if you let someone hurt you....how is it that they need to be helped up?

Finally, I don't think you can "twist" something to be positive. I think the positive already exists and sometimes we need people to help us see it.

(positive) energy can neither be created or destroyed, only transfered......so its there, somewhere

-TM