Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Free Flowin Fridayz (Week 39)-Tuesday edition

I've heard many people say that life is a "balancing act." But what happens if you never learned how to balance or your balancing stinks? Do you fall? Do you get hurt real bad when you fall? Or after years of trying to learn is there still an inkling of hope that you will learn the secrets of this balancing act? I sure haven't learned. But I sure need to and fast!

My 6.5lb Biochemistry book arrived yesterday and I went into a semi-panic mode upon seeing it. I flipped through a few pages and put myself into more of a panic and had to force myself to breathe so I didn't start hyperventilating. I remember nothing of Organic and every page I turned had something that I should have already learned. I don't know anybody in this class and very few people at this school, only 1 being a science major. Mamma Mia!
Sprinkle on top of that home being hellish. And I finally understand what FML means. *sigh*

By the way...GO SEE ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS!!! =) and Sherlock Holmes and Avatar...

In other news, I got to see my closest high school friend on Sunday and yesterday. He has finally decided that he is going to drop out of the Master's program he was doing at BU and work for the next semester before going to Nova for D.O. school. It really sucks to see our MD dreams crushed, but what's the use in waiting and trying to reapply? He really likes the DO philosophy and in the grand scheme of things it's all the same. We've been talking about since Junior year in college and he's done much more research on it than me, but at least now he can help me when I come to apply for DO schools in the future.

I guess sometimes you can aim high, but there comes a point when your path in life has caused you to veer away slightly from your intended goal. At that point it is most beneficial to keep your options open and to find any way that will allow you some means of reaching your ultimate goal. In my friend's case, as in mine, this goal is patient care. Whether this be MD, DO, or Caribbean MD there comes a point when it's just stupid to keep waiting, stressing and trying. Although he hasn't explicitly said this to me, I can kind of tell that while he is not exactly disappointed with going the DO route, he's still getting used to the idea of having left his initial dream behind and pursuing it in a different way. His dad and uncle are also both doctors and I think that might add to his position. But whatever...I have a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong road ahead of me. And I need to get out of Jax for at least a few months.

I need to go back to my old self and mindset that I can only do so much and as long as I try my best there is nothing more that I can do. Is there? Thing is, I don't really know what my "best" is. How do I figure that out? Soo many questions. So few answers. So much stress. This is life.
As a friend of mine recently put it "Sometimes the only thing left to do is pray..."

P.S.-Where is that video with Treize doing the Georgian spin? Any ideas? I could do with a good laugh :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I will look for the video

2. As you move forward, don't ever feel as though not getting something you wanted means that you failed. You only fail when you don't try. Maybe (hard to swallow) you have to endure what's going on now so that you can handle (and be worthy) of what is in your future.

Anonymous said...

-TM