Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Free Flowin Fridayz (Week 35)-Tuesday Edition

Yet another late post *sigh.*
Rather symbolic of my life though...
Oh Well.
I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. We don't really celebrate Thanksgiving, but sometimes we do have Turkey. However, this past Friday was Eid ul-Adha. The Muslim holiday that occurs approximately 2 months after the end of Ramadan and coincides with the Muslim pilgrimage in Saudia Arabia from Mecca to Medina. Because it was Thanksgiving weekend I was scheduled to work a lot including Thanksgiving day. Lucky for me it wasn't that busy and I still get paid time and a half! On Friday we went to Eid prayer and then my family and another Egyptian family had brunch at the Jacksonville Landing and walked around for a bit then we all went to see Old Dogs. (A great movie! I love Robin Williams!)
Went home and at dinner and then I crashed real hard. My legs/knees were aching from the walking in heels, but it had been a good day.

Saturday I woke up missing my bottom retainer...No idea how I had lost it while sleeping. My dad and sister tried to look for it in my room with no luck. Anyway...we left to go to Kissimmee, FL to attend the Arabian Nights Dinner Show, which is essentially a display of horses and acrbatic talents. Unfortunately, we had NO idea that it was Christmas themed, which really ruined the whole holiday feel for my family since we don't celbrate Christmas and since we were going on this trip as a Eid holiday type thing. But the horses were still fun to watch.

Sunday my mom and I went to return a whole bunch of things at differnt stores (guess I should also mention that my little sister and I went to Target and Wal-Mart on Black Friday. Yup, I braved the cold and waited in line for a while from 4-5am, but it was fun). Anyway...we returned stuff and I got my friend his wedding present. Now I need to wrap it or put it in a nice bag. Oh yeah and my mom found my retainer...in the trash can by my desk.....no idea how it got there. I must have woken up in the middle of the night and spit it out or something. Oh and later that night I went and saw Ninja Assasin. It was ok, except the gore was a bit too much. I don't mind gore, but when gore takes away from the action I am not too impressed.

Anyway...hopefully I will be able to share some fun things on the blog in the coming days with you. I owe someone a debut and I haven't had a Takin it back...post in a while.

hmmm....so when TRIVI and IGZ came to visit..each of us had a camera. I kind of want copies of the pics they have for myself (and of course I'll send them the 3 I have). So hopefully those boys will get around to sending me those pics soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely will get around to it. I'm just never on my own computer until the weekend. I haven't forgot! I honestly don't expect Igor to do it. Just what I think, no offense.

-TM

NilePrincess said...

I have to agree with you.
But when it comes to pictures...
I can get my 2 yr old on...and whine!

Anonymous said...

1. You would be a fan of Robin Williams...other than Ms. Doubtfire, I really don't enjoy his work...oh, I do like Peter Pan too.

2. Since when could 2 yr olds drink in the states?

3. How many holidays are in the Muslim faith?

4. It always bothers me how people are willing to celebrate religious holidays....when they actually don't have much or any faith in that religion (sigh, just a thought)

-TM

t.H.S. said...

what's bottom retainer?

NilePrincess said...

1) RV,Aladdin (voice of Genie), Patch Adams...the list goes ON and ON and ON!!!!

2)what 2 yr olds drinking in the states..?? what where are you getting this info? I mean whine and pester Igor like a little kid!

3) Three major holidays if you want to break it down. Ramadan, Eid ul-Fitr and Eid ul-Adha.

4) Many religious holidays have become really commercialized. I've heard a lot of people say they just "do Christmas" for the presents and they aren't even Christian. I actually talked about this with a friend recently. She is Christian, but her parents didn't really "celebrate" Christmas with all the lights, trees and presents and all that when she and her sister were young b/c her parents did not want them to get confused about the real religious meaning of the holiday. Unfortunately, not everyone is like that.

GIVI- the retainer is the thing you have to wear after you've had braces and you get them off. There is a top piece and a bottom piece of plastic shaped to your teeth. I magically lost my bottom retainer.