Sunday, December 13, 2009

The UnCut


This week has been all about following through...or not (depending on who & what I am thinking of). Studying hard for my upcoming tests, I think so. I had some interesting interaction this past week that motivated a lot of what I posted. The doctor (from the pic I post previously) is letting me "scrub in" for a brain surgery! Good job to myself on following through with contacting him. Yaz was persistent & energetic about getting those pics....and she got them with a little extra video that I hope she likes(d).
School is actually not really dominating my thoughts. With the holidays coming up, I have so much to do concerning gifts and what not. I want the holidays to be special b/c I deserve to have fun & relax, in my opinion. Not sure what or where I will be, though. Unfortunately, some people's (neg) actions have bothered my thoughts recently. If I treat you with a lot respect & I am a bright spot in your day....then I think that is reason for me to expect great treatment in return. It amazes me how people will start something but be so unwilling to accept what happens as a result of it. That is why I've have come to the conclusion to only give what people deserve right now....which might not be much at all. With so much going on, I don't feel wrong for cutting back of my giving side.

Oh, and why do some people actually believe that they are doing things that they aren't? Like, just b/c you are in the library for hours doesn't mean anything if you were not studying! Also, doing something 1 time does not qualify as a behavior. Like, if a person gave you something and then wants to speak as though they have been giving to you. There is a difference.

I forgot to mention in the last Uncut how Yaz made my day with her feedback on my EP. Hmm, she should do her own review of it :-) I'd like to know her thoughts on the songs. Also, my day was just made my someone I tutored last summer....she is doing well w/o me and I'm proud. It is nice to know that someone misses you when you are gone.

Rob made me laugh with this one. Have a look & enjoy the spirit of Hanukkah! Here at WTP, we (try t0) recognize & be receptive towards different cultures b/c we all share this great world -TM

3 comments:

NilePrincess said...

Thanks for the pics!
Still haven't gotten around to the video. I need to be good in order to award myself with a treat like that! :)
LOL on the library deal. Funny you mention that because I think ppl at Emory always thought I was so "studious" and "smart" because I always said I had to study or get something done, but little did they know how much studying got done when a book was open in front of me...

Hmmm...feedback on the EP, I can try to do that. I would like to, definitely. But no promises just yet though because I dunno when I can get around to it.

P.S.-You definitely do deserve some R&R.

NilePrincess said...

P.P.S.-Yay for the brain surgery opportunity. I would loooooove to hear how that goes :)

Anonymous said...

you will hear how it goes...hopefully by next wk!

-TM