Saturday, January 9, 2010

U to Me in 2010

Yasmeen - You are doing a lot of growing up, which can suck sometimes. I don't mean that you are catching up to anyone, just that life is really putting you to the test through school, family, and what not. But, I am confident you are more than up to the challenge....even if you doubt it sometimes. You've proven to me that you are resilient. It is most reflected in your ability to be there for damn near anyone even when your life is stressful enough. You are a blessing, Yaz and so is your friendship. A big smile on my face right now! :-) Know that I am always proud of you b/c you are brave enough to be yourself (best word I could think of to describe you).

Geden - You have earned yourself a lot of (blog) expectation this year, sir. Moving past that, I'm proud that you made in the the grueling 1st semester of medical school. As I've started school again and some faces are missing (unfortunately), I realize even more the work that gets put in just to get through each semester. So, pat yourself on the back....or get that girl to do it (create speculation, check). What else? We need to make something happen this summer. I am developing what I will be doing this summer and will get you updated on that.

Keep being G. I'm glad to see you holding steady with your family medicine aspiration. There is a doctor here who is living your aspirations and I will share a few things that he does (in the community) with you, service stuff. I could definitely see you being active like he is so I'm going to plant some seeds now while you in school.....or at least not done with school.

Igor - Some may say that you are a man of few words, I disagree. I think you require people to take a moment & listen. Over the past year, I've taken a good number of moments & learned a lot about you. I might know the most at this point....ooooh (scary sound)! You've been a great friend and I appreciate you. To everybody, understand that Igor really makes our road trips happen. I don't give much info out about what we do b/c I want to be respectful of Igor. But, I will pause that for a second. Igor is a pretty thoughtful person...although sometime his thoughts come a little late (messing with u). I've learned the most about him in 2009 & that's why this part will be the longest. He's pretty good to talk to but you do have to learn to speak his language. Yes, Igor, you have your own lingo. In 12 months, we've traded a lot of personal info & gained a lot of trust with one another. Who would have predicted it after what happen at the Fox Theater in....January, I believe.

Anyway, I won't ask you to blog post anymore (being less critical) but maybe this post might be motivation for you. I mean, if I can say all this....you get the point. So, bascially, my friendship with Igor was a big part of why 2009 was great for me. Thanx, man. I'm always up for a trip with or visit from IYM....who is actually not very invisible to me at all, that's a good thing.

I hope we argue less in 2010 though cause we have much more fun when we are speaking ;-) Don't you agree?

Givi - I think our blog world knows we are pretty close. You better not be a Georgian spy, bicho! I hope the day comes when you come to Charleston (or I bring you). Not for anything too exciting, more so to have a flashback of the good ole times. But I know we would make some new memories as well. I'm proud of you. I saw you make a lot of personal growth in 2009 which sometime cause distance, arguments, confusion...but in the end, you are a better Givi to me. I'm glad to call you a friend and a lot more other things (some in Georgian!). Givi was even my teacher in 2009....then he quit, lol. In the past couple of weeks, you have been a monster on the blog and the posts are very interesting. Even from a far, you manage to put smiles on our faces. Thank you for still being a part of our lives even when you already have so much going on over there. Anything I feel like saying....will be via email.

Nevena - I hope you are enjoying Serbia. Maybe I will stop by sometime this summer.....my last summer! The tickets are a very fair price. There is also a chance we could just meet in LA. Hope to here from you more than I did towards then end of 2009. You must be working hard b/c you are like a myth, lol. Anyway, I hope this year is a great year for you.

Rico - I'm waiting....on more than one thing. First (the most important), what is Rico about to do with that degree he earned? Whatever it is, keep me updated. I'm rooting for you. I agree with what Yaz said and want to add that you stay grounded....hmm, maybe too grounded. No doubt, its a compliment. You are an all-around skilled individual (you're getting that from a pretty skilled individual too) so take advantage of what you have been blessed with. I know you're not scared of anything so the only thing left is not to be lazy, like Ha....just push it! SC!

On another note, people said we would never have a black president but now we do. I say Treize won't put out a project better than Best Left UnSaid......hell, I actually want to be proven wrong but we shall see, excuse me, we shall hear (I hope). And stop smoking cigarettes!!!

Jenelle - all I really need to say is.....GO TAR HEELS!! Oh, and you're looking good young lady ;-) Keep working hard to prepare but also enjoying the ATL life that many of us are missing right now. Good to know that I have someone to come to for my prescriptions....patient referrals and for myself!

Rho - I must say that I consider you to be one of the classiest young women I have met. You are smart with common, you keep it real, and always seems very (genuinely) kind & humble. Continue to be so and I know that time will bring you great success because you deserve, future lawyer!

My Emory People - I hope you are enjoying the time you have in college. I disagree that the time flies by but when it is gone....it is gone. Don't worry, it is a good thing if you make sure to get out of college what you need & I'm not just talking about the degree. I hope in 2010 you continue to grow into the people you are meant to be and your goals become clearer and nearer.

No comments: