Sunday, January 24, 2010

The UnCut

This past week was very challenging and full of events although it was only a 4 day school week. We are currently in our "Renal/GI" block (the stuff below the chest & above the hips) and it is shaping up to be tough. Anatomy lab is annoying plus Johnny Gill appears to not only have a Rt. Kidney which didn't ascend but also a possible tumor growth that disrupted his GI tract and now everything is shifted out of place. That means I have to spend more time looking at other people's bodies. Also, we've have a new professor teaching this block's Biochem and he gave a lecture that stumped me....his name is Sergey Krupenko ...but over this weekend I think I was able to make sense of most of it. Biochem is really a lot of memorization and knowing what your enzymes do (and what hinders them).

We had an interest meeting for the summer opportunity I hope to be a part of.....and so does about 60 other people, which could make things competitive. I told myself I would finish a much needed cover letter during the week but.....I didn't and so I must get that done today. It will be done. Somewhere in between working out and watching the Saints play today. You know I must cheer for New Orleans.

Allow me to also include a "Song of the Day" in this post.
Joe Budden- 40/40 (f. Royce Da 5/9)

they just go in on this one, what would you expect?

I chatted w/ Givi and suggest that H.S. drop a little mixtape on us in February. I hope he passes the message.

p.s. I had lunch w/ some friends on MLK day and I got left out of the conversation twice b/c I haven't seen AVATAR!!!! This movie must be classic.

......and cut (for now)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and Krupenko just made my life a bit harder

-TM

NilePrincess said...

Johnny Gill..is that your cadaver?

And yes, Avatar is a MUST SEE. :) A pretty cool movie.