So I went to speak with the doctor (anesthisiologist) about a great summer opportunity that I'd like to take part in. While he was giving me a good answer to a good question that I asked....his beeper goes off and he has a "code"! [he is on an emergency team & when he gets a "code", that means someone's life is in jeopardy]. So, he stops in the middle of his answer and says "let's go!". We get up & rush to where the emergency was. When we got there, I stood outside the room and watched the professionals go to work.....a the patient survived, which is great!
I have to watch videos on different healthcare systems across the world and compare them to ours. It is for the "Interprofessional" course that will ultimately make my 4th year a little shorter! But, right now, it is kind of annoying due to the amount of work required. The question I must type a short report on is: what are the five most important considerations in developing a comprehensive health care system? [due tomorrow].
Take a look at one of the videos
I've listened to the "Leak" and I like the creativity I'm hearing. I'm hating about that auto-tune! Treize doing that beat-box beat was fresh, something I've never thought to do (and probably can't do). I got the best of him on Jay-Z's D.O.A. beat though. After vibing to it over the weekend, it motivated me to start working on a project. I downloaded a million beats for it so hopefully there will be enough I like.
[ if you had trouble downloading it, here it is]
to be cuttinued....
3 comments:
You should look into reading "Medicine and Culture" by Lynne Payer or even just skim reading certain sections.
It compares 4 health systems:
~United States
~Great Britain
~France
~Germany
Great insights and not a boring read
I looked at Great Britain, Germany, and Japan. So, I will have to see about France's.
There are a lot of things we can consider and we (hopefully) reform. I say tax the wealthy a little more and cover all (legal) children. If it works then try to expand it more to cover more people.
Givi, how is the health care in Georgia????
[my word verification was: racis]
-TM
France's health care is pretty awesome. They give great child care and assistance to pregnant mothers during/after pregnancy and they even give them paid time off to be with their kid for a certain period of time after giving birth.
You might want to take a look at Switzerland also. Those folks have it pretty good if my memory serves me correctly.
Man I LOOOOOVED my Medical Anthropology class :)
Post a Comment