Monday, January 4, 2010

The Uncut


Happy New Year to everyone! I'm not sure where I left off or should begin? Well, school is back in session and it seems as though the break needed to be much longer.

Let's start with my outlook in 2010:
  1. Expect less & give more (self-explanatory)
  2. Practice good health....meaning take care of myself both mentally & physically
  3. Do things I never imagined that I would imagine
  4. Bring you along for the ride
I hope that G, JNeez, and Trieze will pick up with the posting to start the New Year...and Rho, who I did give a call over break! To Yaz, I will be calling today again (no worries, our conversation will happen). And you card made my entire break, when I finally went through my male :-)

In the past week or so, I really have been able to see just who are the most important in my life and.....they are all great people who I know I can count on to be there for me. Being in med school is far from a solo journy (at least my own so far) & knowing who is there for you is vital. My family was in good spirits over the holiday although all is not perfect. I sat at the "old folks" table and held my own as we discussed everything from healthcare reform to the criminal justice system.

I came out of the holidays with a few goodies.....mostly stuff to wear, which I need so that I look professional around here. I applied Yaz's advice and gave a gift w/o expecting anything back....it felt good. Plus, it felt even better when they actually got me a gift as well. Yaz....your thoughts are vital. I am really proud when I think of how long I've know you...our friendship is getting old & I see nothing wrong with that.

The trip to MIA didn't go as planned.....or was it ever really planned? Don't blame TRIVI. I suggest we look to make this summer all about going to visit friends. Anyway, it looks as though Geden enjoyed himself. I think he could enjoy himself even in a room by himself (hmm, was that a compliment or joke?). I uploaded some pics on FB from our post-test holiday get together. It was good and hosted by a fellow classmate. I learned that I like eggnog.

I chatted w/ Igor yesterday. Offered to call or him call me but he gave me the "my phone is about to die"....damn

:-) I am missed right now
p.s. I need a new pic for this post series

1 comment:

NilePrincess said...

YAY. Phone call soon!
I am looking forward to my TRIVI time!

I'm glad my words/thoughts/advice have helped.

In Girl Scouts we had a saying
"Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver, the other is gold."
[actually I think I'll post the whole poem later]

The older the friendship the golder it is! As long as you work to keep it shiny and polished that is!

:)